Is the rhythm game keyboard helpful? Indeed, yes, specialized or mechanical gaming keyboards are engineered to provide you with a next-level gaming experience as compared to regular keyboards.
Well, I have searched and listed up top 7 rhythm game keyboards to help enthusiasts opt for a keyboard with proper switch types and features, which bring the advantage factor in rhythm games.
Most music lovers enjoy rhythm action (term used for rhythm games) in which player challenges the sense of rhythm however peripherals like best budget gaming mechanical keyboard are precise to be accurate, speedy, and coordinated in rhythm games.
Which is your favorite keyboard for OSU, Rocksmith or Beat saber? Do share which rhythm game you love the most and for how long you have been playing?
Mainly the rhythm games are based on specified factors like precision, speed, coordination, and accuracy. Unlike other games players need to press keys in a sequence that create rhythmic music, therefore, a reliable keyboard with the great switch is the most vital peripheral that’s needed for rhythm games.
To clarify, 90% of the gaming keyboards for Dota 2 are equally responsive but in this context, the keyboard that truly matters should have an amazing type of switch. Certainly, mechanical keyboards have advantageous dominance over membrane keyboards for rhythm games. The point of actuation is one of the benefits offered by mechanical keyboards is unmatchable as you do not need to press the key to extreme down to register keystrokes like we used to do in membrane keyboards.
If you are passionate about playing rhythm games so watching out standard keyboard can be a hurdle in performing tunes on the computer. A mechanical keyboard can help you incredibly to give your best in the game.
How to find the best keyboard to play rhythm games? And what are the most important things to consider for this?
If you have these kinds of questions in mind so you are at the right place, we bring to you the ultimate buying guide on the best mechanical keyboards for rhythm games in which we are going to address major factors to consider before buying a keyboard and top 7 keyboards in the market which are potentially the best for rhythm games by all means.
So without wasting a bit of time let’s start right away and first check out the brief chart about keyboards’ features and price comparison:
Click To See Content Of This Post
- 1 Top 7 Best Keyboard for Rhythm Games
- 2 Ultimate Buyer Guide on Best Rhythm Games Keyboard
Top 7 Best Keyboard for Rhythm Games
So, let’s get into it straight:
1. Ducky One 2 Mini
Mechanical keyboards like Anne Pro and Poker are its competitors but still, Ducky One 2 is matchless to any of these when it comes to a surfeit of prime quality, smoothest touch, and customization in one package. how to pause music on ducky one 2 minis is also an important feature that is available on this keyboard.
Key Switches for Rhythm Games /Attributes
- Cherry MX Switches: the compact keyboard offers a wide range of options to choose from 100% Cherry MX switches, the stabilized switches require less actuation force with an amazing tactile feel. Speeds, silent reds, and brown switches are great options for rhythm games.
- Portable Size + PBT Keycaps: 61-keys quintessential 60% solid build, low profile floating key design, whereas the board comes with high-quality Doubleshot sparkling PBT plastic (OEM profile), special keycaps available inbox
- Macro V2.0 – DIP Switches: technology allows you to change RGB modes/effects as well as enable record function macros, the ducky has 4 DIP switches behind it to help you customize the keyboard.
The Ducky One 2 Mini Keyboard is a great portable 60% keyboard you can ever get in the market, also a strong contender with all out-class features to play rhythm games.
2. G810 Orion Keyboard by Logitech
- Pure performance driven design: Full size keyboard delivers peak performance with the most powerful logitech g technologies
- Ultra responsive romer g mechanical key switches: Upto 25 % faster key actuation than standard mechanical switches
- Customizable RGB lighting: Match your system's look and personalize individual key lighting from a spectrum of 16.8 million colors
- Logitech gaming software: enabling user to record keys as well as program RGB customization
- Accessible media control keys: G810 shares easily accessible multimedia keys to help you perform direct actions without taking away your focus from the games e.g., pause, mute, play, brightness, skip songs, and volume control
- Romer G switches by Logitech: considered amazingly fast gaming-aimed switches with fast actuation key, extremely silent and soft to touch, perfect for rhythm gaming
- Personalized RGB lighting: individual key lighting can be customized from 16.8 million color options
- Backlighting: the keyboard comes with keys having backlighting centrally and individually, the consistency of central lighting easy to read the key points at any angle possible
- Macros: from F1 to F12 macros can be created, as these are beneficial in games or programs also.
Overall, G810 Orion Spectrum is a complete package of some smart features, switches, and keycaps, accumulatively all such aesthetics make it a wonderful keyboard choice for rhythm games you can buy.
3. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
- Ultra minimalistic ten keyless (TKL) design ideal for FPS pro
- Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- Portable design with detachable cable
- Durable steel frame: the HyperX FPS Pro is designed and made out of solid steel to provide a stable platform with zero flex
- Cherry MX Red Switches: the reliable Cherry MX linear switches offer precision and low actuation force also you don’t have to worry about tactile bump
- ABS Keycaps: the HyperX Alloy Pro features high-quality ABS made keycaps that are finished for smoothness from the outside for reliability with perfect print
- Backlighting: Although the keyboard is only integrated with red backlighting yet looks incredibly hot, without software user can choose from 6 dynamic lighting effects using in-board customization
- N-Key Rollover: this high-ranked keyboard features complete anti-ghosting along with key rollover function, these extra features make it ideal for rhythm gaming.
This has to be on the list of best gaming consoles for rhythm games as it is a straightforwardly functional peripheral along with prime Cherry MX mechanical switches.
4. Cherry ML 4100 Ultraslim Keyboard
- CHERRY mechanical key switches: up to 50 million key presses
- Lightweight and ultra-low profile 11" QWERTY key layout for maximum space efficiency and portability
- Ideal for use in banking/financial applications, medical environments, and portable systems
- Cherry ML Switches: Cherry keyboard is equipped with expressly designed tactile, low-profile Cherry ML switches to use for better actuation distance while the key switches are tested for 50 million actuation.
- Durable & Ultra-slim design: the compact keyboard is given the slimmest design while the 83 keys layout makes it more convenient, portable, efficient, and professional to work on, the keyboard is engineered for both commercial and industrial use, making it long-lasting
- FN Keys: To add the factor of convenience FN keys are used to access the numeric area onboard to ensure full function support like in a full-size keyboard
- USB Plug & Play: keyboard is made to use quickly and is functional without any software or driver, this PS2 convertor and USB cable are introduced so that you can easily plug n play without any hassle.
In case you like to have a versatile mechanical keyboard that you can use in the office and for gaming as well, therefore Cherry ML 4100 keyboard is rather a worthy option you can consider buying.
5. Anne Pro 2
- Minimalistic design doing more with less. Requires less hand movement while still being able to access all the functionalities.
- Compact and Portable . It saves desk space and easy to carry around. Fits right in backpack. Perfect for home, work and on the go.
- Decent bluetooth connectivity enables wireless connection up to 4 devices and switch seamlessly back and forth.
- 60% Portable Design: With Gateron brown size this compact keyboard is designed for great comfort, with 61 keys in total this board can be used like 104 keys keyboard using a key combination.
- Kailh switches & PBT keycaps: although kailh switches cannot be compared to Cherry MX switches they are also greatly responsive as the better actuation and tactility help you much while rhythm gaming, high-quality keycaps are used for the smooth texture
- Bluetooth connectivity: The Anne Pro 2 comes with the finest Bluetooth connectivity allows wireless connection through 4 devices also enable an easy shift
- Updated Obinskit Software: the revamped software of Pro 2 is amazing to controlling multiple functionalities on the keyboard such as RGB lighting, keys layout & to create and record macros
- Customized RGB Backlighting: this is the aesthetic of Anne Pro 2 gives you a variety of choices to make any RGB gaming arrangement using individual key backlighting and various lighting and gaming modes.
By all means, Anne Pro 2 is the gaming keyboard that looks and feels premium. With some great features the keyboard although has a few drawbacks, this is the kind of purchase you will not rue it for sure.
6. Tezarre TK61 60%
- 60% Compact Design - 61 keys with a space saving, compact design,easy to carry .Compatible with Windows,MacOS,Linus,Xbox,PlayStation.
- Pudding Gaming Keycaps - Unique Double Shot PBT construction features translucent sides for improved RGB effects, a soft touch feel, and are oil and wear...
- Gateron Optical Switches - In pursuit of the perfect experience, the TK61 has been outfitted with Hotswappable Gateron Optical Switches. Based on Beam...
- Gateron Optical Switches: The Tezarre TK61 comes with 4 options of Gateron optical switches like red (linear), brown (tactile), blue (clicky), and black, the switches are sensitive to trigger thus providing quick response time
- Fully RGB Customization: the gaming keyboard is outfitted with customizable availability as well as individually key backlighting RGB, you can choose from in-build multiple RGB modes and 16.8 million combinations of colors
- Pudding PBT gaming keycaps: the transparent sides of thick Doubleshot PBT keycaps of Tezarre offer a more radiant RGB effect while the keycaps offer smooth touch and are easy to maintain.
If you are in search of a gaming keyboard at the most affordable rates and a wide range of out-class features, you may hardly get anything better than Tezarre TK61 mechanical gaming keyboard.
7. Kemove Snowfox 60%
- ⌨[60% Mechanical Keyboard]: Double shell 61 key keyboard compresses the powerful functions to 60% of the overall size. It can be easily used even in the...
- 💻[16.8 Million RGB Backlight]: 19 kinds of built-in lights, 5 kinds of custom lights, and FN adjusts the light effect to provide you with an immersive...
- ⌨[Hot Swap Switch]: 60% gaming keyboard adopt hot swap switch, and the full keyboard can be plugged in and out, plug and play. You can change different...
- Dual modes (Wired & Wireless): certified Bluetooth wireless technology & detachable USB Type-C cable for easy plug & play
- Customized RGB Backlighting: this move gaming keyboard comes with per-key RGB lighting to choose from 16.8 M available colors, you can customize per-key lighting & backlighting as well
- Gateron mechanical switches (Red): Remove Snowfox comes with Gateron red switches which also work fine but you can replace them with any of the switch types you like without much effort
- Powerful software: the premium quality keyboard comes with ultra-smart software for Macro customization, FN-Key customization, full keys programmable, 4 configurations, and much more.
That is to say, the Remove Snowfox keyboard is one of the perfect peripherals available at such an inexpensive price enabling the user to customize advanced functions and features so that users can fully enjoy a highly customized board that suits their gaming or typing requirements.
Ultimate Buyer Guide on Best Rhythm Games Keyboard
Here in the buyer’s guide section, we have covered the all-important factor which is necessary for you to know about the keyboard when picking it for the rhythm games.
What are Rhythm Games?
Any type of action game based on music themes is a rhythm game. These music-oriented games challenge the sense of rhythm in players and mostly focus on dancing or playing particular musical instruments. The commands based on keys/buttons are displayed on the screen while players need to press keys at a given time. That’s how your selected game protagonist/avatar plays musical instruments or dances accurately to get a score on performance.
Whether it is Osu, Guitar hero, or a freshly released BPM, these rhythm games are best to have the ultimate gaming experience. Games like Beat Saber, Rock Band, and some others have earned such popularity that’s so peripheral manufacturers designed and crafted exceptional keyboards and switches for games.
How to Find the Best 4 Key Keyboard for Rhythm Games?
To all rhythm players out there, the very obvious and foremost question for them in mind is how to find out the most appropriate keyboard to play rhythm games. With a lot, many brands, and hundreds of models on market, choosing the right one is quite a daunting task undoubtedly.
Hence, here we get you some essential factors that you should consider before you reach out to purchase any keyboard for rhythm games.
What you should know when getting a Keyboard for Rhythm Games?
Get a keyboard with the most suitable switches
It is said that the keys in the membrane keyboards are good enough for mid-range gamers due to integrated sensitive pads. Although you can get the rhythm games playing you cannot ignore the quickest response of mechanical switches especially when it comes to gaming.
For rhythm games, the first thing you should look into the keyboard is the type of switches you would use. Ideally, mechanical switches would do great as of the improved response time, higher actuation point, tactility, and better feel that you cannot even expect with chiclet switch keyboards or membrane keyboards.
Furthermore, for the best and crisp performance, you should consider a keyboard having Cherry MX mechanical switches.
Reliability & Durability
Long life and the material used to make a keyboard are the things you should take into account as well.
A solid build keyboard is extremely required for gaming particularly, while in rhythm gaming, at times, players can get extremely passionate, fierce, or maybe hard on the keyboard due to the intense in-game challenge coming their way. What if the keyboard is not made of premium-quality aluminum or plastic? certainly, that would not bear on this fierce response.
Prefer a keyboard made out of optimal quality materials that is durable to last for years.
Keycap types and quality is another significant factor you should pay attention to while buying the best rhythm game keyboard. It will be great if you can buy a keyboard with PBT keycaps double-shot as these are reliable, sturdy, and smooth. Besides, ABS keycaps are also worked well and a good option for a keyboard to play rhythm games.
Investing in a good gaming keyboard is something truly worthy so be careful while taking a decision and choose only good quality keycaps.
Right Size of Comfort
Apparently, it is the factor most dependable on personal preferences but we like to address it here because keyboard size should be based upon the game you are going to play.
In context to rhythm games, multiple ranges of games are there that require keys more than in TKL keyboards, however, some games are all set with 60% or compact keyboard. With cost in mind, it is better to get a full-sized keyboard so you are all free to play multiple games without any concern, otherwise, the choice is all yours.
That is to say, you should give preference to your gaming requirements to the fullest.
Anti-Ghosting & Key Rollover
You should get an ideal mechanical keyboard with the features like rollover and anti-ghosting so you will be able to perform your best in rhythm games. As the anti-ghosting make sure the keypresses are registered in a similar pressing order while key rollover enables the user to press multiple keys at a time.
Surely, the best gaming keyboard has it all, primarily, the additional advantages be like functionalities, wireless connectivity, RGB, backlighting, software customization, and others. All such extra features are extremely useful and beneficial for you if you like to experience top-of-the-line fun rhythm gaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Keyboard keys are best for Rhythm games?
Ideally, Cherry MX Mechanical switches are supposed to be the most perfect keys used for playing rhythm games. Precisely, Cherry MX Brown is mainly considered the best switch to offer silent travel, tactile bump, moderate actuation force making it most versatile and epitome to gaming and typing.
What is the easiest Rhythm Game?
If you are feeling off and get back into the rhythm games, the following are some of the titles best suited for the novice, check it out:
- Friday Night Funkin’
- Project Diva
- Pump it up
- Muse Dash
- Geometry Dash
Plenty of people like rhythm games as these games are not just offering great gaming pleasure but rather making players highly competitive through executive learning edge. The key factor that requires your most attention is, however, to get the proper peripherals like keyboards so that you will give the best of your performance in the game.
That is why we presented you the list of some of the specialized keyboards which you can buy for rhythm games. All the keyboards mentioned above have rhythm games’ perfect switch type while having all customizable features that make them ideal for gaming.
Nonetheless, if you ask for the editor’s choice so I would suggest HyperX Alley Pro is no doubt a great choice you can go with.
Hope you get the best keyboard!