If your Razer keyboard was not lighting up and you are looking for how to fix Razer keyboard not lighting up, this guide is for you. You don’t have to worry about the issue as you are not alone whose Razer keyboard does not light up.
I have compiled this guide to fix the Razer keyboard not lighting up the issue. Go through all the fixes to solve the problem.
Click To See Content Of This Post
How To Fix Razer Keyboard Not Lighting Up?
You can find several fixes when searching for the issue about why did my Razer keyboard stop lighting up. However, we can only trust only a few fixes. Here is the common fix that you can do to resolve the Razer keyboard lighting issue.
Try Another USB Port
A poor connection is the main reason if you wonder why won’t my Razer keyboard light up. The easiest way to resolve the issue is by plugging the keyboard into another USB port. Most probably, the keyboard will light up after changing the USB port.
Sometimes the solution will not work as there might be other issues why the Razer keyboard doesn’t light up. In this case, you can move to the next fix for solving the issue.
If your issue won’t resolve after changing the USB port, most probably the issue is due to the faulty installation of Razer Synapse software. You can re-assure the keyboard functionality by plugging it into another computer. If the keyboard lights up, your Synapse installation is faulty; otherwise, you can contact Razer support to check whether there is a hardware issue.
You can reinstall Razer Synapse to resolve the issue. Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the Synapse.
- Remove the keyboard from the USB port.
- Go to Control Panel and uninstall Razer Synapse from the programs.
- Open the Windows Run dialogue by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Once the box opens, type “services.msc” and enter.
- Stop all the Razer services from the list of services.
- Once done with the step, go to C:\User\User Name\AppData and find Razer folders and delete it.
- Reboot the computer and open Razer Official Website.
- Download the latest Synapse software and follow the instructions to install it.
- Once installed, launch the program and plug in the keyboard to the USB port to check whether the light works or not.
Update your Driver
Sometimes the Razer keyboard won’t light up because of the faulty drivers. If that is the case, you need to find the right driver and update the keyboard drivers. Follow these steps to update the drivers and fix the Razer keyboard not lighting up.
- Go to the official website and download the compatible driver for your keyboard.
- Close all applications, including Razer Synapse, before installing the drivers.
- Run the downloaded file and connect your keyboard to the computer.
- Click on the Update button and let the setup complete the update process.
- It will gradually install the drivers and show the progress.
- Close the installer after completing the driver update.
- Reboot the computer.
I hope these methods about how to fix Razer keyboard not lighting up has fixed your issue. If you seek help or support regarding the process, let me know in the comments.